Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Painting on the Cover of Grays Sporting Journal


    I hope you already subscribe to Grays Sporting Journal 
   They chose my painting for the front cover of the April (Annual Fly Fishing) issue
    pick up a copy or subscribe if your not all already.  I also have a 
painting inside this issue I hope you'll look for.   Wayne Knight is the Art Director for Grays and does a magnificent job designing this Journal. It is a visual delight! I'm always amazed how he  makes the art look so beautiful with his layout and composition. I think he is the best art director out there. Grays also publishes the best sporting writing available. They have been the # 1 Sporting Journal for thirty years and it is always an honor fro me when they select one of my paintings to publish. 

1 comment:

Cutthroat Stalker (scott) said...

Rod,

Good to see a post.

Excellent news on the painting - congratulations!

GSJ has always been a favorite of mine, but I let my subscription lapse a few issues ago. I'll have to pick up a copy from the store.

They may be getting a run for their money from this new fly fishing only journal - http://www.theflyfishjournal.com/ .
I'm not sure what they might have as far as art goes, but the writing sounds like it might be some good stuff.

Take care!

-scott c